Saturday, March 21, 2009

Emotions

REMINDER: your appointment is March, 20th at 9:00am. That's what the letter in the mail told me. Excitement and apprehension washed through me. Should I go? Maybe we could just leave town and never look back. We could forget all about the appointment and the emotions that go with it. Running. Yes, that seemed to be a good thought. Why face my fear when I could run?

Okay, so I'm being a little dramatic. But, signing my oldest child up for kindergarten is something that seemed to be so far away a few years ago. It is official though Asher is signed up for kindergarten and will be starting next fall. He is ready. I am not. We do have a busy summer ahead to keep our minds and bodies busy. Asher is beginning his first year of tee-ball, Levi is going to play soccer, Luke will be finishing up school and ride-a-longs and testing for his medic license, and Addie and I will be running around and cheering everyone on.

2 comments:

Chandra said...

NOOOOOOOOOO, run as fast as you can. I can't believe how big he is. KINDERGARTEN?!?!?!? SERIOUSLY?!?!?!? My little baby Asher can't be that old yet. I will pray for you. That takes a lot of courage. Obviously more than I could muster up. Tell him Aunt Chandra is proud of his big accomplishment. I expect pictures, report cards, things you made in school all to be posted on this here blog. Love you guys and miss you terribly.

Marylou said...

Kristi and I were just saying Saturday hiw nice it would be if we could freeze time on all the kiddos right now and they would never grow any older. But alas that is not to be. We will enjoy all the satges of their lives, though this preschool time is so sweet. And this will be the last time you will be able to post a "Potty picture" of him too now that he is so grown up!