Friday, September 19, 2008

Decisions

So we visited an electrophysiologist today (a cardiology doc who specializes in the electrical part of the heart)to talk to him about Luke having surgery to fix his Wolff Parkinsons White, A-Fib, Tachycardia, and whatever else he may have. He has decided to have the surgery, it's just now a when. Thanks to many prayers and a lot of patience, Luke has gotten a new job working at the St. Anthony's ER. Which means our insurance will be changing. So do we squeeze the surgery in before that happens or pray that our new insurance will cover pre-existing conditions? We have been so blessed that the last medication Luke was put on has helped control his symptoms. According to the doctor the long term side effects of staying on this medication is a higher risk than having the surgery with the possibility of a pacemaker. 29 seems "old" to me (no offense anyone, I just remember being 16 and 30 seemed so far away), but in the heart business it's young and surgery seems to be the best option. So continued prayer is much needed for decisions and continued good health. From the wife perspective, it is very nerve racking to think my husband will be having a heart surgery. Regardless of the tiny percent that something would go wrong. I will definitely keep everyone posted or blogged as things happen. Thank you again for all the prayers and support.

2 comments:

Marylou said...

I know you know it, but thought I would post that I am praying!

Mark and Jordan Anderson said...

Keep us updated!